Are you a fan of the chocolate chai tea latte from Starbucks? Here’s how you can make it yourself at home and wow your friends and family with your new barista skills!
Ingredients for the Chai Spice Mix
- 13 tablespoons cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cardamom
- 4 teaspoons ground cloves
- 4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Ingredients for the Rest of the Recipe
- 1/2 teaspoon Chai Spice Mix
- 1 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons sucanat (change to desired taste if needed)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tea bags (Oolong or black)
Preparation of the Chai Spice Mix
Mix all ingredients and store its contents in a container.
Preparation for the Chocolate Chai Tea Latte
- Mix the water and coconut milk. Place it in a saucepan or container and bring to a boil.
- Add the tea bags and steep them for about four to five minutes.
- Simultaneously mix the Chai Spice mix, sucanat and the cocoa powder in a separate container.
- Once the tea bags have steeped, remove them. Replace it with the cocoa mixture.
- Stir and mix well.
- Enjoy your chocolate chai tea latte.
Why Chocolate and Chai Tea?
Chocolate in moderation has many health benefits. It can reduce the risk of strokes and other cardiovascular diseases. It also improves blood flow and lowers bad (LDL) cholesterol. Chocolate also contains pheromones called phenylamine that helps improve mood and increases libido. Impress your friends by telling them this as you make them a chocolate chai tea latte!
Chai is basically a spiced milk tea and made up of various spices, black tea with heavy milk and sweeteners. Most spices vary, but those included here is cinnamon, cardamon, ground cloves, ginger, cayenne pepper and nutmeg. For our sweetener, sucanat is used. Sucanat is a granulated sugar that is considered to be more beneficial to refined white sugar and refined brown sugar. It has the same amount of content of molasses.
All in all, chocolate and chai tea fights inflammation and enhances your immune system. It gives out a soothing effect and also helps in digestion. It also contains antioxidant properties, reduces fatigue and helps one to relax. Let us know how you like this recipe!